Sending the LR mix to the Matrix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Sending the LR mix to the Matrix

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harvestjd
    Harvestjd
    Participant

I want to send the LR mix directly to the Matrix which feeds a foyer and a nursery in a church. Someone before me set it up the sound or send to the foyer and nursery via mix 3 then to the Matrix meaning mix3 and Matrix faders need to to be turned up, which is good to make a separate mix for those rooms, but at this point I want to just send the main LR mix with fx, eq and all to the Matrix, and use the Matrix master fader to control the volume. Please help me undo the current set up and guide me on how to set up a send to the foyer and nursery (plus I need to free up mix 3 for a stage monitor.) My main goal is to not have to do a separate mix and have fast and easy volume control to the foyer and nursery, I don’t want to have to mix twice at this point. Thanks

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Use the ALT output maybe?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Routing LR to the matrix is same as routing any other Mix to the matrix.
    To get an overview over everything actually send to the matrix, just select the matrix of interest and open the Matrix All Sends view. Turn down send from your Mix3 and increase send from LR.
    …btw, there is indeed a manual available (section 8.10, page 38 in V1.7 user guide: Working with the Matrix)…

Profile photo of Harvestjd
    Harvestjd
    Participant

I read that part in the manual, and wasn’t tracking and I couldn’t figure out what step I was skipping. I guess I’m not that familiar with working with the Matrix all sends screen. Thanks

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

yes, the manual is sometime a little short describing the steps to reach a particular screen…
    The matrix faders are on the top layer, after selecting the particular matrix (using the SEL button) ensure you select the routing screen in the display (green routing button). The Function button left to the screen opens the “Matrix All Sends” view…
    Can’t be easier… 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.