Sending Particular Channels to Alt Out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Sending Particular Channels to Alt Out

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is there a way I can choose precisely which channels are being sent to the alt out? I see some options in the I/O surface page, but I’m not sure any of these would work for the particular purpose I need… I want to send a single channel to the input of an Octatrack, that way I can loop/record a synth VST through its input while still hearing the other tracks through the main output of the Qu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi RedSunBlues,

You could assign a spare aux or group to the alt out to send an individual channel.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I probably should have specified that I have a Qu-16. Aren’t groups only available on the higher models? Can you describe how I go about assigning a spare aux to the alt out or point me to where this is stated in the manual?

Thanks.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi RedSunBlues,

Go to Setup > IO Patch > Surface and click on the drop down menu for Alt Out.

Here you can select any on the mixes.

You’ll need to also turn up the Alt Out volume control which is located under the phones control.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s exactly how I had it set up before. The problem is when I do this 1. There’s a crazy feedback loop going on in channel five for some odd reason. 2. I can only get sound out of one cable to the input on the Octatrack.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi RedSunBlues,

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look at this in some more detail.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.