Sending Effects to ME-1 Monitors

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Sending Effects to ME-1 Monitors

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of arretx arretx 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

I’m a bit lost. I can get effects to come out of the mains, but we’re hearing a dry signal in the monitors. How do I approach this problem to ensure that we have some color in those IEMs? Thanks.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@arretx

The block diagram indicates you can LR to a mix. And the mix can have FX added too.
    Did I misread that or are you sending to IEM via other than a mix.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

If you have an unused group, assign the FX return to the group. The performers can then add this group into their ME mix.

Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

The ME-1 connects through the ME-U Hub which is connected via network to the QU-32. It doesn’t appear that we send any mixes anywhere. You simply use the ME-1 to choose from the available channels being sent by the board to the hub and away you go. That’s the whole point of the in ear…it’s self-mixed, so there is no mix sent to the personal monitors…so I don’t know how to affect what’s sent to them from the console.

Gary, so, by group, you’re meaning the GRP 1-2 for example. I haven’t figure out groups yet. If I switch to the top layer and then access the GRP1-2 select button, I see some options on the screen for groups when I press “routing.” The group is set to Group mode with a Mix mode option and theres a group setting of “all on” or “all off” and OFF is selected.

In the Processing screen, this is where I’d set the name to show up on the personal monitor as a selection option. So, do I need to create a mix under Group 1-2 for the effects only, then dial into that group on the monitors and adjust levels there, or is there a way to just have the effects sent to the monitors with the channel data individually?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Go to the IO patch page, under the monitor tab is where you can assign channels, mixes, FX returns and groups to any of the 40 ME output channels.
    At the ME mixer pod the user can pick what they want to assign to the 16 mix out channels on the ME.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

What can be assigned includes effects. However, one might consider using a reverb that is only used by ME or other auxs. That way, changes to the reverb headed for FOH LR do not impact the levels in ME or aux fed IEMs.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Forget what I said about using a group. I think I read that in an old manual. Assign 1 or more FX returns to 1 or more of the 40 available monitor slots and performers can add them into their mix.

Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I managed to get the FX sent to the monitor mix.

Now, is there a way to deliver the effect to the monitor if the channel is muted, or is that the “gatekeeper” to the effects processing to begin with?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.