Send pan in Custom and/or Soft Rotaries

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Send pan in Custom and/or Soft Rotaries

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

It would be great if the Soft Rotaries could be used for the pan control of a stereo send (Aux, FX, etc.)
    I am often doing both a PA mix in the mains and also a stereo aux for recording. If I could use a pair of Custom Rotaries for the record send and pan then I think I would usually have things set up that way for adjustments during a show (whereas I would probably still use the Mix button for the aux master for most of the setup before a show)

Similarly it would be nice if pans were available in the “Send Levels” widget for soft rotaries.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

When you set the encoders at the top of each strip to function as PAN, and you also have a stereo aux, fx, matrix MIX selected, the pan controls work for that mix, unless you have “follow MAIN mix” enabled on that mix.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Yes, selecting PAN works (at the moment that’s the only way I can think of to get a pan rotary at all, and that is much nicer than selecting each channel in the routing screen). But it would be nicer to have the option of having that control available without having to select a mix first.

After all, you can get a send level on the rotary by pressing the SENDS button and choosing a mix, but someone still thought that it was valuable to be able to call up a specific send level on the rotaries without selecting a mix first.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Do you need to pan things differently in the PA and the recording? If not, you can turn on “Follow Main Pan” for your record aux, which will make the regular pan knob affect both mixes.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

“Follow Main Pan” would work for some shows, but not all. Often the localization needed for PA is not natural in a recording (especially if video is involved).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.