Send effects from QU16 to ME500 via Dsnake connection

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Send effects from QU16 to ME500 via Dsnake connection

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Hi, new here, & new to QU16 (previous MixWiz3 user). Can some kind soul help a newbie. How do I route the effects on QU16 channels through to the corresponding channels on ME500? I’m linking via the Dsnake connection as I want to daisy chain 5 x ME500 units, each one having access to / control over all 16 desk channels for band monitoring.

Many thanks, Andy.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

You go to the input/output page and select monitor. Then you select 16 mono or stereo signals to the first 16 monitor spaces.

Notice that sending an effect to the me-500 takes up one of your 16 monitor switches.

You can get more sounds into your me-500 by creating groups, like drums, horns, keys, vocals, or guitars (on your mixer itself) Then select any of these groups as a monitor selection.

So, my me-500s are used by the horn section (they get buttons for bari, trum1, trum2, tenor, alto, bone, drums, bass, keys, vocals, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, reverb, talk, MP3).

Because of the 16 input limit, this works great for one type of performer but makes it limiting for several types of performers. (for example, vocalists might want several individual butttons for vocalists in the band, while the horn players would want individual horns on separate buttons).

Me500 would be great for small bands who can easily agree on the 16 selected mono/stereo inputs. For more complicated setups, I’ve come to appreciate the flexibility of Me-1.

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

barry, thank you so much for responding = much appreciated. Without wishing to load on you more, could you describe the steps to action your suggestion please, especially how to assign the effects (or even LR mix) to one of the 16 channels on ME500, & associated grouping. I’m getting lost on this. Again, much appreciated, Andy.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Notice that the me-500 doesn’t have “groups” in the way that me-1 does. But it will select a group formed on the qu-16. In qu-16, press input output/monitor
    Destinations are on vertical and signal sources are on horizontal. For any of the first 16 destinations, scroll horizontally to the right to locate a signal you want. As you scroll, you will see that all kinds of signals are available, including inputs, effects, groups, matrices, and even Main LR. Press at the intersection of your desired monitor destination and desired signal source.

Once you select which inputs/effects/groups whatever are in the first 16 monitor slots in your QU-16, you then turn to your me-500,

From memory only …no manual or devices in front of me, so take this with several grains of salt.

I think me-500 automatically selects the first 16 monitor slots from qu. Set levels and pans for 16 keys on me-500. SAVE AS A PRESET on me-500.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.