Select PAFL – Multiple channels as a Modifier, not a global option?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Select PAFL – Multiple channels as a Modifier, not a global option?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey folks!

So I found the option for additive PAFL in surface settings. I find this, as a default “ON,” state, to be a bit annoying. It would be much more useful to have PAFL set as an x/or type behavior; (default state of the desk.) Then, while in this mode: a modifier key plus PAFL key activates “Additive,” mode. (IE on avid desks it’s shift + solo.) Small thing, but kind of a pain to have to keep hitting clear as opposed to deselecting a solo’d track, or double tapping another, not currently active solo, to remove active solos.

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

You can always assign a softkey to clear PAFLs

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

why create a softkey to clear the PAFLs?
    on the surface there is already a button for this function, directly below the master level indicator

Yeah, I have to agree: Assigning a softkey is a waste of real estate and function, especially when the clear button is right within reach. It’s more about really having true x/or behavior in a quick-mix workflow; with a modifier, like the copy button or something, that allows additive behavior temporarily while the modifier key is depressed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.