Selec from meters

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Selec from meters

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sacsound sacsound 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

With the Home->Meters screen it would be nice if you could select a channel by touch, particularly when running a custom layer.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Do you mean.. follow fader aso when you touch a fader that screens pops up?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

I think he means that if you’re on the meters screen and you notice a particular channel is peaking/needs attention, you could touch the meter for that particular channel on the screen, and that particular channel would be selected (regardless of which fader layer you’re currently on) and you could immediately work on it with the super strip. Perhaps the screen could automatically change from metering to the processing screen for the selected channel/mix too.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Jumping to processing would be nice in many application – possibly an option, maybe the default.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Would be good to have a way back – I think the “Home” button returns to the last tab on that screen anyway.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I find using an iPad as a larger display for metering and use the console screen for channel processing. If I did more stuff I’d think about adding a second iPad.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I usually have an iPad around, and the same observation could be made there…

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I tend to use the iPad more than the desk for adjustments due to the larger screen. A second iPad would also help a lot when doing FOH.

🙂

Profile photo of sacsound
    sacsound
    Participant

Yes, being able to select and adjust a channel from the touch screen would be very useful. To be able to do so without having to change layers would be faster in some instances. Also much less noisy when mixing a quiet gig in proximity to the artists or audience. The motorized faders are great but not completely silent by any means. I don’t think you can make the console follow the channel selected on iPad, but that might be a nice option and way to implement the above…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.