Secondhand QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Secondhand QU-SB

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SCooo SCooo 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SCooo
    SCooo
    Participant

Thanks. My Qu-pac is connected through an Apple Airport Express directly and is using the wifi of my bandmate’s house. I’ll have to check the router settings for my Qu-pac tonight when I go to band practice.

I tried connecting my QU-SB directly into an Apple AirPort Extreme base station but it’s old and the disk is crashing so I went directly into an extender for my router. To connect My Qu-sb I looked at the router settings on my iPhone which was using my house wifi at the time.

I also have a second Qu-Pac that I use for playing gigs that stays in a trailer the whole time but it’s on its own private qu-pac network using an airport express. I have no recollection how I got that to work a year and a half ago but it’s worked amazingly. I remember it took me a while to get it working and I figured it out by total accident.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks. My Qu-pac is connected through an Apple Airport Express directly and is using the wifi of my bandmate’s house. I’ll have to check the router settings for my Qu-pac tonight when I go to band practice.

Is the Airport Express the WIFI / internet source for this house?

Go into the mixer set up menu, control tab, netowrk.
    Check that it has not been set for a static IP address and is in the static IP address mode, if it is set it to DHCP.

I run my mixers with a static IP but you need to set up your, router, switch ect and the mixer to be all taking the same IP and subnet as well as setting the DHCP hand out address range not to conflict with the static assigned IP address.

For the record I like Apple products but their WIFI routers are clumsy to set up, For quick to set up and reliable off the shelf WIFI routers I like the TP Link Archer C7 and Netgrear R7000.
    Posted here on the fourms somewhere is a step by step procedure to set up an Air Port router with an Allen Heath mixer.

Profile photo of SCooo
    SCooo
    Participant

The airport express is not the only access. Both houses have their own routers. My tour rig airport express is it’s own private network. I think that is the route I’d like to take with my Qu-SB set up. I bought a TP-Link for my QU-SB but my second Qu-PAC will be on an airport express. I’ll look into the things you pointed out, especially the step by step. I appreciate the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.