Secondary channel name under "Alt View".

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Secondary channel name under "Alt View".

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pit Lenz Pit Lenz 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’d like the ability to set up a secondary name for all the channels, shown by holding “Alt View”. This would be a good place to put the musicians name, or the type of mic etc.

Soundchecking new band, “… … *holds alt view* “Michael” could I hear some of your bass please”

Chris

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Disagree! I think its very important to have a chance to check the channel-number quickly! Rather i would wish that the fontsize gets smaller after a specific amount of letters! Maybe a second row if possible!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think the option is an ok idea, but not real critical. Having the socket number is important. I have mentioned several times that my big issue in lack of contrast control. You can’t read the scribble strips or barely read the screen sitting down. I think this was a major oversight. Not everyone stands especially in church and theater operations that are long. The 5 character limit is a minor inconvenience. I agree the font or text size could be smaller to gain another character or 2 but then someone would want 3 so where do you stop? I can live with just getting creative with abbreviations. Maybe consider a second line as was mentioned with smaller text for a name? Have to figure away to do that in the naming section. Maybe a button for line 2?

Profile photo of vince
    vince
    Participant

I guess it is better to have preset configuration than of that idea, and with eotsskleet comments I also agree on that,, that fonts changes its size automatically when it reach the allocated characters required.

Regards,
    Vince
    “works @ eatmywords.com/

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

I think a smaller font (or two rows) would require a change, of hardware since the letter pixel layout is fixed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.