SECOND! Expansion card – 2nd Slink port

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions SECOND! Expansion card – 2nd Slink port

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    Participant

connecting GX/DX racks to the primary Slink port AND simultaneously an AR2412/AB168, connected to a 2nd Slink port as expansion card in one of the I/O ports would be perfect!

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

You could connect an AR2412/AB168 onto the sLink port, then either a GX to a gigaACE card, or a DX to a DX Link card.

Jack

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If you could build an expansion slot with multiple dLink slink ports then you would capture a whole range of people with multiple AR2412s’ and AB168s’
    These people would eventually upgrade their stage boxes’ etc…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

After watching the new videos. WOW
    Continuity UI fantastic.
    Now if you could just build an expansion slot for a studio type interface 🙂

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

You could connect an AR2412/AB168 onto the sLink port, then either a GX to a gigaACE card, or a DX to a DX Link card.

Hmm, too many proprietary protocols for one small company, i guess (ACE, gigaACE, DX, dSnake). But since the SLink port is the most versatile one among all the others, and when I look at the pricing for expansion cards of the SQ, also an inexpensive one, I would prefer to have the option for a second SLink port. Then I could plug in what ever is available (ok, no ACE;-) ). Your suggestion do not give me that choice. In fact i have to change the card when I want to switch from the GX to some DX boxes (for availability reasons).
    Probably it would make sense for A&H to promote the SLink port to the primary connection port for all consoles and even for the stageboxes too. Then all can be connected to everything which would be the real beginning of a flexible ecosystem. Hmm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.