Scribble Strips on stage boxes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Scribble Strips on stage boxes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dilettant Dilettant 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob T
    Rob T
    Participant

Something that would be really nice for stage patching is scribble strip displays on the stagebox, showing the name of each input/output as patched and named on the console. Would be a nice time saver, and greatly reduce confusion when you’ve got one person dealing with stage inputs and someone else at the console. And I’m not aware of any manufacturer with a product like this in the market.

The big downside to this feature (setting aside the development effort required) is cost, and I expect that this is why this feature doesn’t exist in the market. Adding the display is probably around $10/channel, so an extra $250 on a 16×8 stagebox. This almost certainly keeps it out of the entry-level offerings, but for the higher-end offerings (thinking DX168, at least), it could make sense.

Thoughts? Would you pay the premium for this feature?

Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

I agree that this wouuld be handy.

Helped myself on the issue by creating magnetic label strips which can be changed very fast. I use simple magnetic Inkjet Photo Paper for that, works fairly well and you can simply stack the stripes on the front plate of the stagebox or any other steel/iron plate. Same thing works on SQ6 Mixer surface, too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.