Scribble Strip LED permanent Red

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Scribble Strip LED permanent Red

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Today I was configuring my GLD-112 for an upcoming show when I recognized that the scribble strip LED of an unassigned strip started flickering red.
    After a while it stopped flickering and now it is permanently lit red, independent of what is assigned in the selected layer.

If a channel is colored in yellow it now shows an orange color because of the mix between red and yellow.

Seems to be a hardware defect in the scribble strip.

I’m a little bit dissapointed, because the mixer is just four weeks old (brand new) and was not used for any show so far.
    Had anyone a similar problem with his GLD?

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

While it is disheartening to find a defect in a board you spent a lot of money on, electronic components are subject to infant mortality. Hopefully you will take bigger notice how AH responds to this issue. Since the scribble strip color is not a “Gig Killer” you should get appropriate response from them. By that I mean quick and effective but not Herculean. I would expect Herculean effort if the board was unusable.

Please let us know how AH responds. My wager is you will be assured of their resolve in the end. I have never needed AH warranty help but I hear good things about their response.

John

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Hello John,

Thank you for your response.
    I know that this issue will not be a gig killer as no components in the audio path are affected. I was a little bit surprised that a first defect happend so soon without having it out in the field. But as you said, electronic components can die anytime.

I already talked to the dealer and he said it is no big thing to replace it. He already ordered the spare part and gives me a call when it’s there to change it.
    I still trust in the reliability of A&H products.

Best regards,
    Dieter

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

It seems like the dealer is doing the right thing. I have opened my GLD-80 to look inside and other than a lot of screws it is no biggie.

Lets hope this is the only issue you have. Please give a final report on the resolution of this problem and again how your mixer is functioning after a few gigs.

The GLD-112 was not available when I purchased my GLD-80 and I wish I had one now. If I get more business with RentWirelessMicriohones.com I will look into trading up.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.