Scribble Strip Colours

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Scribble Strip Colours

This topic contains 21 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alec Alec 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

Out of the SQ stream yesterday* it would be really helpful to have more colours available.

*great job again Keith!

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

I find the red and dark blue to be very difficult to use – the text needs to be white. Purple is usable. The other colors work well. And, black needs to be black with white letters (as in another brand) instead of being Off.

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

+1 for all of this. I hear this from many touring guest engineers.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

+1 for all of this. I color code different type of inputs and desperately need more colors, as well as contrast. Some text is difficult to read

Profile photo of joalp
    joalp
    Participant

+1 for this

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

+1 for all of this.

Profile photo of Aaron Kelly
    Aaron Kelly
    Participant

+1, and maybe an inverted option as well (ie. m/x32)

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

+1 a color wheel or more color presets would be great!

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

+1

Coming from X32, I always thought their scribble strips were pretty lame.

Coming to SQ, pretty much everything about the scribble strips is poor. 6 character limit, tiny – and, most of all, prettly illegible. If there’s one job they’re meant to do, it’s be legible and, especially red, really isn’t.

Sadly, most of this needs an engineering change to improve.

Profile photo of Terry
    Terry
    Participant

+1 for more colors at a minimum. Better would be a fully mixable color palette.

Interestingly this subject came up this morning when I was reminded that the (very expensive) console I’m working on today has non-changeable colors based on what the fader is doing. My comment was that on the SQ you could at least change the color being used.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Sadly, most of this needs an engineering change to improve.

I agree.

While it would be great to get more colors, even that is probably a hardware change. Certainly adding characters would (likely) require a different type of scribble screen.

So while it is great to ask and dream about new features like this, I think people should also have realistic expectations. It likely isn’t as easy as adding another “5 lines of code” to allow for different colors or more text.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

At least for me, dark blue and red is more or less NOT legible…. Therefore, i use these colours for inputs where i do not need the letters 😉
    Maybe in the bright sun, where the brightness of the strips must be turned all the way up, this two colours get legible… But not so in dark environments like I mix most of the shows..

+1 for more and brighter colours.

Maybe A&H can give some response, if changing the colour can be done via a software update, or the given ones are related due hardware and cannot be changed.

greetings,
    dd

Profile photo of gemerman
    gemerman
    Participant

+ 1 on mixable colour palettes, inversion and more characters.

And + Infinity on better customer service.

I love the product, but the customer service needs a big improvement!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@gemerman

Please contact us directly using support.allen-heath.com to let us know about any issues you’ve had with our customer service.
    It’s something we really care about so seeing a comment like that is quite surprising and a little concerning!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.