Screen resolution for editor

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Screen resolution for editor

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I have a Samsung NC10 that I use as a “throw it in my bag and take it to shows” laptop that has a lesser screen resolution than the GLD editor software uses, though I can run it by using software called Alt click to drag the window partially off the screen to see the bit I need. I am considering replacing it and would like to make sure I get something that can fit editor on the screen properly.

I can’t find the specs for the minimum screen resolution, what is it?

Thanks,

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

A quick mess around with the display settings on my laptop makes me think it must be 1024×768. The window’s slightly narrower than the full screen on this resolution but that’s the minimum you need to display the whole thing. I tried 1280×720 and that definitely cuts off the bottom of the window.

Caveat: I run Editor with Wine on an Ubuntu Linux machine, rather than in Windows. That shouldn’t change the window size as far as I know but thought I’d mention it.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Ah yes, I forgot you could change the resolution. 🙂

768 seems to fit perfectly vertically, and anything with 768 vertically is going to be big enough horizontally. I’m looking at a Thinkpad X201 which is 1200 X 800 so that should do nicely.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

1024×768 is very standard in the industry for many things. My guess is that is what it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.