Scenes Recall

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Scenes Recall

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of glparke glparke 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DipeshN
    DipeshN
    Participant

Hey guys,

this is my first post im new to the world of Allen & Heath mixer range, im using a GLD-80 in a house of worship where i have it setup to play music at different levels in multiple areas around the venue at different times of the day im recalling these by the Soft Keys,

my question is can recalling scenes at certain times of the day be automated ? by MIDI or 3rd party app.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi,

Yes you can recall scenes by MIDI commands.

Scene Recall Bank and Program Change message To recall one of the 500 Scenes (4 banks) Also transmits this message when a Scene is recalled from the GLD screen For Scene 1 to 128 Scene SS 1 to 128 = 00 to 7F (refer to table) Select bank Recall Scene BN, 00, 00, CN, SS

For Scene 129 to 256 Scene SS 129 to 256 = 00 to 7F (refer to table) Select bank Recall Scene BN, 00, 01, CN, SS
    For Scene 257 to 384 Scene SS 257 to 384 = 00 to 7F (refer to table) Select bank Recall Scene BN, 00, 02, CN, SS
    For Scene 385 to 500 Scene SS 385 to 500 = 00 to 73 (refer to table) Select bank Recall Scene BN, 00, 03, CN, SS

Consult : https://www.allen-heath.com/media/GLD-MIDI-and-TCPIP-Protocol-V1.4_2.pdf
    Page 4

Check you scenes to be correct so that they only change what you need (instead of everything) by using the recall filters of each scene.

Good luck

Profile photo of DipeshN
    DipeshN
    Participant

Thanks Plevrier,

do you know of any MIDI software or Hardware that can assist in firing out these control commands ?

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Qlab can fire midi cues and be locked to a clock. Mac only though and you need at least the pro audio license to unlock the midi / clock triggers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.