Scenes in the Theatre

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Scenes in the Theatre

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pdherring
    pdherring
    Participant

Im after a bit of advice for how people use their scene stacks on the GLD. We start panto rig/tech next week and although I have done a few shows now with the GLD they have either not used scenes or have not had enough scenes to worry about doing it 100% right.

So thus far the way I think I am going to do it is to simply have a first scene saved in the desk that has everything at zero and mutes and has nothing blocked. Second scene takes me to a present state of a load of levels and un muting for stuff like house music etc. Then from their on in pretty much I am going to busk the faders and have only mutes unblocked from the scenes. Now obviously I can get a little more creative and maybe I will as to making sure the faders I need are all on one page etc. but for now I am concerned with inserting a new scene.

I can see it happening. We have plotted the entire show and the director says, we are just going to add this bit where so and so walks on and says one line, therefore I need another scene. Now I know some digital desks have . queues available which it doesnt seem the GLD does, but other than created a queue up in the 400’s say and then creating a queue list that goes 1-55, 401, 56-300 I cant see any other way of doing this.

Anyway im sorry if people have had talks about scenes before but I thought where better to get advice about what people do and dont do with scenes than to ask here before I run into something next week and think I wish I had asked sooner 🙂

Thanks

P

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Have you considered the CUE LIST Editor? You can create different cue lists from you stored scenes. Name a list and then recall from it. That way you can have variations on your scenes without redoing them. If something changes in a scene say in rehearsal you can just add that to the scene you are on. Save it then it will be there for you Hope that helps…

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Cue list editor? Tell me more please. Is it an A&H product? Which software does it come with.

Thank you,

John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

PDHERRING,

Lately I have been naming my cues by the page number and what cue it is on the page. Act 1, scene 2, page 3, cue three would be 1-02-03-3. You can omit the act numbers if you use the major scene number jumps like this:

First act gets scene memories 4 thru 199. Second act gets memories 204 thru 399. Leave a few (5) unused memories between scenes. When you recall-next it will skip empty scenes. That way if the director changes a scenes you won’t have to ripple the cue numbers through the whole act, just the scene.

I would love to hear how others who use he GLD80 for plays name their scenes and still leave flexibility for changes during rehearsals.

John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Another thing I do but on the script is, I put the scene names on those small 1/2 by 2 inch colored post-it notes. That way changing timing is a snap. I just move them up or down the page during rehearsals. Later, when there are no more additions/deletions I remove the post -its and write directly on the page as they can get lost.

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

Cue list editor? Tell me more please. Is it an A&H product? Which software does it come with.

John,

The Cue List editor is available from the scenes page on the GLD-80. It allows you to order your scenes into a set of cues.

regards,
    John

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

John answered it…It is on the scenes page. Click on it(Top center of menu bar on scenes page) then drag and drop scenes to it in the order you want them. You can save and name it, then click on CURRENT CUE LIST(Next to ALL SCENES) above the scene list..

It is a little cumbersome in that you have to use the MANAGE button to select which cue list you want to use. Then switch to the SCENE MANAGER page. Seems like they should have put a button directly on the scene manager page to select the cue list you want. Create different cue list, then use MANAGE to load the one you want then click on CURRENT CUE list to have that one there to recall…Hope that helps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.