Scenes crossfade

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Scenes crossfade

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ab ab 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seb
    Seb
    Participant

To be able to do crossfades from one scene to another, that would be awesome because that can add so much capability to be able to do more complex automatizations and a lot of work with music and theater.

Profile photo of Seb
    Seb
    Participant

I also think it would be good to have like in Dlive a BLOCK ALL on the recall filter to be able to make scenes for small changes fast on the go.

Profile photo of PPisanchyn
    PPisanchyn
    Participant

+1 for scene crossfades (even if faders don’t physically look like they are crossfading)

Profile photo of belac9615
    belac9615
    Participant

+1 I would love this!

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

+1
    I requested this feature be added back in 2017 and no luck.
    I originally assumed this was because A&H wanted keep this exclusive to their upper tiers, and no competitors in the SQ price range offered it anyway. But now Yamaha offers it in their TF line, and it is the sole reason the TF console (despite being inferior to the SQ in almost every way) is now dominating the budget theater market. Such a shame. It brings me pain each and everytime I have to now recommend a TF to a theater company who can’t afford an Avantis or QL. I used to just recommend they buy an old used GLD, but those are officially too old now for me to feel comfortable recommending.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

There has been an on going complaint from theater folks pursuant to this or that shortfall of the A&H line to accommodate the scene change needs of their work. The A&H xcvi core delivers world class sonic audio and most all of the three lines that offer it are specific designs for live concert performance. Perhaps Keith could provide any processing limitations that prevent the subject desired scene management. Quite possibly we are in an either/or scenario that will require choices that reflect our real work needs.
    Hugh

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

This is not a limitation of the processing, but a difference in how processing (i.e. the XCVI core) is controlled in the SQ.

I can’t say at this point whether or not it would even be possible to implement scene cross-fades, but it is something that we’ve had requested on and off in the past and as with all suggestions here, if it receives lots of love, will be something we look into.

In the meantime, the way to achieve level crossfades is through use of the A&H MIDI Control ‘CC Translator’ maps for SQ, alongside a DAW or apps you may already be using for show control such as QLab.
    With this setup you can send simple MIDI CC messages controlled by automation curves or apply ‘Fade over duration’ in the case of QLab.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

Keith, thanks for the response – I appreciate the insight!
    Just let me know how much love you need, and I’ll rally the troops to make it happen 😉

Profile photo of alberto.irrera
    alberto.irrera
    Participant

+1 for scene crossfade! Please…

It’s a very useful feature, in theatre / dance shows 2-3 second often is way better than 0!

SQ line would be the best choice for a lot of mid size theatre companies with that option. But also in live-streaming events and festivals scene xfade would be great!

Profile photo of jchurch
    jchurch
    Participant

+1. I would love to have this feature added to the SQ line! I used this frequently on my previous console and was disappointed to find it is not available on the SQ.

Profile photo of EivindS
    EivindS
    Participant

+1 for scene crossfade!

Please!! 🙂

Profile photo of alberto.irrera
    alberto.irrera
    Participant

+1

lot of people working in theatre, streaming and Live shows could pay for that feature! please scenes crosfade on SQ! – the very old and basic yamaha 01v (1st version, something like 1998?) has xfade!

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Zach
    Zach
    Participant

+1
    This would be great on the SQ. I didn’t even realize such a thing existed. I’ve often tried to mimic a crossfade by sliding down the faders, going to the new scene, and then sliding up the faders, but that’s such a pain.

Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

+1 for crossfades!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.