Scene recalls on SoftKeys

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Scene recalls on SoftKeys

This topic contains 44 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

So if you queue (but don’t recall) a scene, then hit store it overwrites the queued scene rather than the active one?

That sounds like a bug to me, would need to test it…

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Seems to be that way- take a look at the overwrite-dialogs scene number as you press store.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I found setting it up how I did after reading Nicolas post works fine. One button advance. I do agree that the current scene should be highlighted. That is confusing. The next scene can just show in the lower screen.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Yep. But what Nicola did not tell us, is that as far as softkey-settings go, a global filter is really not very global… I set up my soft 1 to be a panic button-all killed. I later realised that you have to go to the mute-group assignments-page for every single scene to activate the mutes, if you have the softkeys blocked. In hindsight this is probably obvious. All this fuzzy logic reveals itself in small increments…

Stonepiano
    Participant

It is interesting, though… the mute-group soft assignments seem to have different logic compared to eg. scene-functions. They work on every scene, once defined, whether they are blocked, or not. Still stumbling & fumbling.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Stonepiano,

The Mute Groups are assigned by default to the SoftKeys when the product ships or the mixer is reset to factory default. This means any Scene you created prior to assigning the SoftKeys to anything else would have them assigned to Mute Groups.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Ok Nicola, get that. But back to the more serious issue that needs to be addressed: accidentally overwriting wrong scenes. It makes absolutely no sense at all to have more information on screen about the next scene than the active one. You have to pay special attention not to make catastrophic mistakes. The store-function is counterintuitive, and it represents a kind of logic nobody wants to adapt to. Please change this in future revisions.

Tuomas Kolehmainen

Helsinki, Finland

Stonepiano
    Participant

Yet another one: Is there a way to change the order of scenes? There is a copy/paste-function, but it doesn´t help much if the band decides to change the sequence of songs.

T.K.

Stonepiano
    Participant

@Stix- no such item on the Qu-series scene-screen.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The current implementation makes sense to me.. ‘Current’ scene is the scene you last recalled, ‘Next’ scene is the scene selected in the Scenes screen. Every action affects the ‘Next’ scene. Therefore, maybe it’s just a case of clarifying the labels on the toolbar?

I don’t particularly care much for what Yamaha or other competitors do, as I don’t use their consoles, nor do I expect manufacturers to copy each others’ finer nuances.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

@stonepiano ha Ha – sorry thought I was on the iLive forum! You need the iLive upgrade for your QU mixer!

Stonepiano
    Participant

@mervaka- I´m finally learning to live with the Qu logic, but I really do not understand why you would like to tweak something that´s going to happen in the future, and not the situation at hand? It is the storing-function that bugs me, I´d like to concentrate on what I´m actually hearing at the moment, not on thinking that I´m storing the settings on the “next” something…

P.S. I don´t particularly care about what you think.

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

I agree with stonepiano that the whole scene / recall / soft keys should be simplified and made clearer in future firmware updates

Profile photo of jet1968
    jet1968
    Participant

also, when you boot up the mixer, instead of the last scene you were working on being highlighted, current scene is Blank with next being scene number 1. This is wrong to me, as the settings are where you left them before you switched off, but the scene page should reflect where you are…please sort A&H

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

To me that is a bug too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.