Scene memories: Next and Go, What am I missing?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Scene memories: Next and Go, What am I missing?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I think I need a lesson on English-logic thinking.

I can not see the reason one who uses allot of scenes can use the present “Go then Next” option on my GLD80.
    The individual “Next”, “Previous” and “Go” work as advertised and make sense.

If I dial up a scene then press “Go” I get my desired scene and the numeric display shows what scene I am on. I press (the optional) “Go and Next” the scene number advances but the scene does not change. Press “Go and Next” again I get the scene I really wanted but the scene number shows the next scene, not the scene I am on NOW. At that time I am on one scene but indicating another scene. I leave gaps between scenes when I program plays and there can be ANY NUMBER of counts between what I am seeing and what scene I am on. Presently on the GLD80 I am forced to use individual “Next” and “Go” buttons thus requiring twice the presses and looking away longer than necessary.

What am I missing here. My Yamaha had the one button option (Next and Go) and it worked logically and flawlessly.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I should have been more clear… Its a case of…
    Go and Next – versus – Next and Go

Profile photo of rowlf914
    rowlf914
    Participant

I don’t know if your question has been answered, but within the softkey setup screen there is a button that says “auto increment”. When this is checked, and you hit the softkey to go to the next scene, this will go to the scene that is cued as next, and increment the scene to the next one on the cue list. I’m not sure if this helps, but doing it this way works great for me.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Rowlf,

Thank you for the suggestion. Try shipping around to various scenes then use the go then next button and see if it is logical. I do not know why someone would want to work that way by choice.

I have found the auto increment option years ago. It still works bass ackwards. If you scroll backwards then want to go forward one scene with one button push it does NOT work. It is set for go, then next. The consoles I am used to are logical. They show what scene you are presently in. You press a button that can be set for next than go. It works flawlessly. The present system will only work if you advance continuously and without any detours. Otherwise you are stuck using two buttons per scene.

Illogical as far as I can see. Unusable too.

Thank you,

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.