Scene in Admin being changed by Standard users

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Scene in Admin being changed by Standard users

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Hi Folks
    Just wondering did any of you experience this with Qu-24:
    I as admin block allocated Scenes 1-14 under Admin control (and it works as when I log on as Standard user I can only , and I have Scene 1 set up as the DEFAULT scene, with the settings I like, for instance I set up DCA’s on 2 faders in the Custom Layer so I can have all of the FOH speakers volume controlled from DCA 1 fader 24, all the Monitors (Mix 1-4) volume controlled from DCA2 fader 23. I saved this.
    But every so often when I go in to use this Scene 1 I find that a lot of the parameters have changed, e.g. the above DCA’s are not allocated on the Custom Layer and the PEQ settings are completely different on some faders than the way I set it…..
    Just wondering is there any way a Standard User can effect Scenes 1-14 by accident ?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gilly,

Are the unwanted changes stored in Scene 1 when you recall it?
    Remember the Scene Range user setting doesn’t stop the Standard user from changing current settings (for example PEQ).
    Also worth noting that the User Scene (Scene 1 in your example) would only be auto recalled when the User changes i.e. when Standard logs in after Admin, not when Standard logs back in after power up.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Hi Nicola
    Yes the changes are in my default Scene 1 (which can only be accessed by Admin) after i power up. For example PEQ in certain channels are changed to totally different EQ settings than i would ever use.
    Sometimes on Sunday after i am on sound, logged in under Admin, there is a kids group on requiring a simple sound setup, so i log out of Admin, log back in as Standard user and open Scene 15, or some other scene from 15-100 – without powering desk down. But Scene 1 isn’t available to Standard users so i can’t figure how they can get in from this procedure?

Btw what exactly do you mean by
    <Remember the Scene Range user setting doesn’t stop the Standard user from changing current settings (for example PEQ).> How can a Standard user change PEQ settings on a channel in an unavailable Scene 1?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The scene is not auto recalled on reboot, but will be listed at the bottom of the screen – so their changes will be on the desk, and it will kind of look like that is scene 1, but unless it’s been recalled it isn’t.

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Yes Bob i know that. When i log in as Admin i highlight Scene 1 and recall it

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

As in my other thread I started. This whole scene business has confused a lot of people and I am not convinced it works like it should. It is the only thing now with the console that is an ongoing confusion with most people. I have had customers just give up on it.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

@gilly – worth checking 😉
    I tend to splat and reload from memory stick because my desk gets hired out as well…

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

GC i read through your previous thread and yes i agree it’s confusing, even the experienced gurus are confused or at least are disagreeing on what is and what should be. Today i experimented and logged on as Admin, recalled Scene 1, made an EQ change on Ch20. Then i logged out and straight away logged back in as Standard user (remember that Standard users only were given access to Scenes 15-100). And Scene 1 was showing in scene selection tab and also at bottom of screen. And i changed a few settings and went to save and as i expected the scene it saved to was the first available scene which was Scene 15, and not Scene 1 as was suggested earlier by Nicola. And when i logged back in as Admin and recalled Scene 1 it was untouched from last time. Which is the way it should be, so I’m still left wondering how my settings in Scene 1 could be effected by a Standard user. Weird !!

Bob what is splat?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Splat – I do a full restore from USB.

I “plat” the configuration that was left from whoever used it on it’s last hire

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.