Scene for each song??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Scene for each song??

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

That sounds like a nice challenge! Mostly scene-changes are all about FX! Think about your scene-safes first! What does really change between songs? I would say it’s the FX most and not really fader-level or EQ changes as long as not an instrument is changed!
    Try to make it simple! Less misstakes will happen and as more you use it as better you know what you can integrate in a scene!

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Just personal preference, I like using scenes for set changes (e.g. changing guitar rigs, guest artists, acoustic sets, etc.), and mix the rest manually. It keeps your focus on the performance and less on scene management. The only exception I make is mixing theater.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

The last play I did had 170 scenes in it. Yes, 170.

Profile photo of audiokla
    audiokla
    Participant

ok, thank you for your answers.
    Interesting things to mention.
    I’m not sure, if I dare to hold the faders while moving. 😉
    But general question:
    Will the faders move, if I change the scene to a scene with equal fader settings?
    Maybe it is better to safe all this settings and only change the fx section and to mute or unmute (is this english?? ;-)) the needed channels.
    I think the best for me is manual mixing while I am the tech of another band.
    But sometimes my band and me have no tech. Especially with smaller gigs.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Theatrical performances are very different to a live band though.
    Our Panto always has a silly number of scenes, we’ve used a midi trigger from the PC (which also handles sound effects and the like) to advance to the next scene (not an a QU), so it’s all in the one script…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.