Scene Corrupt Issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Scene Corrupt Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattB
    MattB
    Participant

A few others seems to be having this same issue: when I store a scene to my brand new SQ-6, it automatically changes the name of the scene to random non-sense characters. Also, when trying to recall those scenes it says “Scene Corrupt.”

My vendor called Allen & Heath and they said it was a processor issue – replaced the brand new board. Board has been replaced, guess what – same issue. Tried Factory Reset – same issue.

Using firmware 1.4.3

Please advise

Matt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Are you recalling a scene stored from before the repair? If so and it was corrupt beforehand, it will still be corrupt now unfortunately.

The hardware issue may have caused the original corruption, but we will be bringing the main board back to investigate this further.

If you would like me to take a look at the scene for you, please email it to support@allen-heath.com and I’ll load it on my system.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of featuresteve
    featuresteve
    Participant

My SQ5 is doing the same thing. Wnen trying to save a scene, it will create some random name, usually with a bunch of @@@@ symbols and a few letters. When trying to recall a scene, it says the scenes are corrupt.
    Have tried saving externally and internally, same result. Need this resolved. Any help??

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@all

okay. learn me please.

how does one make a scene corrupt?????

is this a hardware problem or firmware?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

just shut up, please
    somebody asked for help with a problem and you hijacked his question
    again

@featuresteve

Hi Steve

if I remember correctly
    this issue is related to a hardware defect and you must contact your dealer or distributor for repair
    there is likely nothing we can do for you in the moment, but the audio processing is unaffected from this issue

the only thing you can try is to connect a PC or MAC and save your scenes there in the MixPad App, at least this could keep your service up and running

the A&H support guys don’t read that much on this forum on the weekend so don’t expect an official answer from A&H before Monday

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

what a useful reply. thanks a lot. you are a real peach. and so polite too as well as being helpful.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

@featuresteve

To stop this from happening you should update to the latest firmware version (V1.5), but this issue was fixed in V1.4.4 and I can confirm it was a bug found in the firmware.

If you have a back up of your scenes or show, you can reload them and it should solve the problem.

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.