Saving mixes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Time after time there is situation when I have to add busses to my existing show. In that moment I lose all mixes that were built before. Is there a way to store mix to library? I don’t mean the parameters of the mix bus, such as PEQ, GEQ, but the input signals balance in the mix. At the moment I have to use one more computer with editor with old show open, so I can redo all mixes manually.
    Another thing is when I copy mix parameters from one input channel to another, I only get levels and on/off assignments copied, not pre/post values. Same when I copy mix parameters between busses. Would be nice to be able to copy pre/post as well.

Maybe there is some trick?

ddff

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I always use every buss available even if I don’t need them all – I will setup spare mix busses, spare matrix etc for every show. By doing it this way I have hardly ever needed to change the buss config mid show.
    Also – try storing your show before a buss config change then recall it again after the change.

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

You need to save a scene (use Store All) before you change your mix configuration. Then after the configuration change is done recall that scene. It will bring back all your mix configurations. Deleted busses or new busses won’t recall of course.

-d

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks dshriver yes that’s what I meant to say – save a store all scene – not a show!

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sweet!
    Thanks guys for pointing me to this simple and quite obvious solution which I thought would not work for some reason. Wish I’d rather try that instead of believing it’s wrong. Would save me a lot of time.

ddff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.