Saturation Insert Emulation

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Saturation Insert Emulation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvo Yvo 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I know the Avantis has the tube preamp models that can add a little saturation to an input. However we definitely need some other options that can be added/inserted on busses. The DLive has the tape emulator (although I have never personally used it to know how well it works), but something like that or a Waves Cobalt Saphira style emulation would really be nice. Just something that can add harmonics to the mix.

It’s one of the last “big holes” that I think exist in the Deep processing plugins available for the Avantis currently.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Well I thought DLive had a tape delay, but I must be incorrect because I don’t see anything about it now that I doubled checked. It’s still a very needed type of plugin that is currently missing in the lineup.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Well I thought DLive had a tape delay, ….

dLive has a TapeDelay emulation.
    But you are mixing up TapeDelay and TapeSaturation here. As the TapeDelay might add some kind of satuartion, it will always inherit delay.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

I concur though, for instance. I would like to be able to split a channel (same input) and run one clean and the other with the emulation.
    This is currently not possible because the pre amp emulation is tied to the pre amp.
    I don’t see a way of achieving what I want except bu using a physical splitter and plugging the same signal into two inputs on the Avantis.

So yes, I would too like to be able to insert the pre amp models or some other means of saturation.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Actually the tube emulations on the Avantis are not tied to the preamp even though they are location in the “preamp” section of the GUI. You can duplicate channels and have one with a tube emulation and one without. I do this on our bass channels for example.

However being able to insert an FX anywhere in the signal chain would be helpful and that’s not possible right now. I can’t add a tube emulation on a group for example.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Before you replied, I wanted to double check if at least the trims were independent on the channels and they seem to be.
    That way, if the tube stages were linked, I could at least have a clean and a dirty channel.
    For the heck of it I tried again whether the tube stages would be linked across channels with the same pre amp feeding them and indeed they weren’t
    That’s so weird because I distinctly remember trying this (using a duplicate vocal channel to feed delays) and instantiating a tube model on the duplicate’s pre amp (to dirty it up), would instantiate it on the lead vocal channel’s pre amp section too. So I figured they were linked and didn’t look at it again.
    So… now I don’t know what happened there. I’ll have to check when I get the desk back.
    It’s good news anyway.
    Is it a relatively new feature, or was it always there? If so, I’ll have to double check what the hell was going on in my session that made it seemingly link those things.
    Perhaps its something else, user error, I mistook… I’ll have to find out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.