Safing GEQs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Safing GEQs

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of M Van Houten
    M Van Houten
    Participant

I would like to be able to safe my GEQs when changing scenes, much like I can reset an analog console and leave my GEQ rack alone.

During a show, I want to recall mix data from soundcheck, but retain my current GEQ settings, rather than recalling what was saved several hours ago.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi Milhouse,

What mix data do you want to recall? You can block the recall of Mix and/or LR channel processing settings in the Global or Per Scene Filter, or save GEQ settings using the libraries.

DC

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the recall filters should help here…
    exclude the GEQ from recall

Profile photo of M Van Houten
    M Van Houten
    Participant

I want to recall the data of an entire scene, except for the GEQ.
    I understand about saving and recalling GEQ setting, though for a 7 send monitor setup it turns into a 15 step process to simply recall a scene and retain current GEQ settings.

Are you saying with recall filter I can simply block loading the GEQ (don’t have a console in front of me right now)

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Yep. p53-p55 of the manual explain it. There are 3 options.

1: Global filter. This allows you to select which kind of settings will or won’t be allowed to change when any of the 100 scenes are recalled. If you change output>processing>mix from “allow” to “block,” this would stop your output processing on mix1-10 (which would include the geqs, along with the peq, compa and delay) from being changed when any scene is recalled.

2: Safes. This allows you to make all the processing on a particular channel or mix “safe” (protected) from being changed during a scene recall. You could “safe” mix1-10, and that would stop your geqs on those outputs being changed. While it would stop the geqs from changing, it also safes the send levels from channels, which may not be ideal for your application.

3: Recall filter. Same as a global filter, but instead of apply to all scenes, it’s configured on a per-scene basis. Unless there are some scenes whose recall you *do* want to change geq settings, you’d have to configure the filter on each and every of the 100 scenes to block geq (grouped as “output processing,” it’s more granular on the GLD) recall. This would be quite tedious. In this case it would be a lot easier to use the global filter.

Profile photo of Ramiazer
    Ramiazer
    Participant

Hey guys!

Trying to make my way around GEQs on a GLD112

Is it possible to add a 31 band GEQ as an insert on an input channel or do I have to route it to a group and GEQ the group?

Really appreciate your help!

Cheers,
    R

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Ask your question on the GLD forum…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.