Safer I/O page – eliminate accidental touches

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Safer I/O page – eliminate accidental touches

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alli alli 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bcarrigg90
    bcarrigg90
    Participant

The I/O page is very easy to use, and I like the matrix layout, but I have an issue with the fact that you have to scroll around the matrix with your finger, and it is extremely easy to cause accidental patch changes on the mixer screen or the ipad app when trying to scroll around.

There either needs to be an undo button on this window, or an option to use a long-press or double-tap in order to make a patch change. Make it a user-configurable feature in case some people really don’t want to slow down the patching, which I could see when setting up a brand new patch like in a rental or touring scenario. For HOW and install applications, the patch rarely needs to change.

The only way to do this now is to save an I/O library patch every time I make a change so that it can be loaded as a fall-back, but if something got accidentally changed during an event or shortly before, there could be disaster.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Deleted

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

something like a two finger touch like the iPad? i would appreciate that too

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant

Agree, have made some errors like this already! So, +1, long touch would be awesome!

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

Reading this, and having used mine, I can see this could be a problem.
    I wonder if you were to make a patch that replaces an existing one, whether an “Are you sure?” type message might be a good idea.
    I did this the other day, just demonstrating to a friend how easy it was to patch things, and, like an idiot, immediately patched over something, and of course at that moment, you have no idea what it was.
    An “Are you sure?” prompt, or, “Overwriting Patch x to y” might overt such a disaster.

Profile photo of Stretch480
    Stretch480
    Participant

Maybe just a long press on the patch Square?

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

I still think you need to know if you’re breaking away an already made patch from a different input port to a channel.

Rob

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1 This is really important! Please add a notification when changing an already patched input. It’s too dangerous…

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of lomtas
    lomtas
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Aivar J
    Aivar J
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1 certainly if a touch will un-route something else, I would like a warning first. It’s too easy to press, and unpatch something else that you didnt realise was there. Maybe a zoom function on the I/O page so you can see an overview too.

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1 A general info where the channel is patched to/from at the moment. This feature is somehow already possible, because on the insert patching in a channel you can see this information…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.