S vs C

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alfred Wrigfors
    Alfred Wrigfors
    Participant

Hi!

I know this thread har been active… But, I have a question!

I am currently working on a S7000 paired with a DM48 and some DX:racks and is thinking of expanding to a C3500 with a DM0.
    Would the workflow be different on a C3500 paired with a DM0 (yes, for the I/O-options)? How is the surface different form a S-calss? All I can find is that there is no redundancy in ACE and PSU (which is fixed), only 1 I/O port/slot, less soft-keys, no width-encoder for the PEQ and shorter meters above the channel-“display”. Is there anything else?

Blessings,
    Alfred

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Yes, besides the differences you mentioned, there are others:
    – the C3500 has fewer fader banks and fewer faders than the S7000 (but you’ve probably already seen that)
    – There is no direct access to preamp and filter besides the left screen
    – Also, you don’t have three buttons on the right touchscreen to switch widgets.
    – And there are fewer softkeys.

This makes it necessary to change the usual way of working a bit. But this is nothing dramatic, you can get used to it quickly.

The signal processing is the same, there are no differences. So you can use your previous showfiles – and you just have to adapt them to the new interface and the changed inputs.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.