S-Link IO Card for Avantis

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions S-Link IO Card for Avantis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Showtime Showtime 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

Here’s my situation…

I currently have an SQ5 with an S-Link IO expansion card in it. I also have 1x AR2412, 2x AB168 and 1x AR84. With the 2 S-Link cards, I can use all the inputs available on all 4 multicores in pretty much any order I like if I run 2 network cables between the console and the stage boxes, works a charm.

So I’m looking at upgrading to Avantis, it has an S-Link port like the SQ…great! But as far as I can tell, no S-Link IO expansion card?! Am I going to be limited to the AR2412+AB168 on 1 dSnake run? Does the 4 port DX card (or any other compatible IO cards) downclock to 48kHz and run the dSnake protocol? Or am I going to have to buy more multicores too? 🙁

Thanks – Sam.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

With avantis the option is a giga ace card, but then you have to go to 96khz with the gx4816. The gigaace card only acepts a gx4816 stagebox.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.