Running LR as a Mono output on Qu32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Running LR as a Mono output on Qu32

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Sitting here very impatiently waiting for our new Qu 32 to arrive and question keep popping up that I can’t find answers to. A big one is, our house system is run mono so I am trying to figure out how to set LR Main as a mono mix. I have been through the manual and searched the web but cannot find the information on how to accomplish this. More questions to come I am sure. Our Qu 32 arrives on Thursday and I will be trying to figure out how some things can be done before the swap out for our GL2400-32 later in August.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Better yet, if you don’t pan anything you have 2 mono outs ! The mono out on a GL2400 is nothing more than a summed L+R so effectively the same

Giga

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks, that was where my mind was going but I wanted to be sure. Thursday can’t get here soon enough.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just use L and pan everything center. Do it all the time.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

In our church setup, we run one of the ar2412 stagebox outputs set to L+R to our mono amp. My thinking for summing L & R was so stereo effects would not be adversely affected. I do wonder if this actually doubles the level of the signal going to the amp since all channels are center panned, and if this is the best way to do this? Could this lead to clipping at the amp? Is there a better way to do this? If we set the output to just L or R, won’t stereo effects be affected?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

One of the options for the Alt Out, is 2 x mono. Called L+R I think.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Did your Qu32 arrive? I bet you are loving it already! Peter. .

Peter J. Qu32, Qu24 and AB168

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

It is here taking up some real estate on the dining table. Very impressed and learning more every day. I will have it here until our install date of 11 August. Actual use will be to provide FOH for our home owners ballroom, a 350 seat affair.

This thing is killer and I think our little jazz trio may pop for the Qu SB for personal use. Why learn another system when this one fits like a glove.

Phil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.