Running 2 x QU into iMAC. Updating to new Firmware

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Running 2 x QU into iMAC. Updating to new Firmware

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NZdave NZdave 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NZdave
    NZdave
    Participant

Greetings Allen Heath.
    I currently run [simultaneously] a QU32 AND a QU16 into an older iMac [2012]El Capitan
    Using Reaper and my own built template
    I use the older Midi DAW control as the [2012] iMac sees both which is the way I want it.
    Been currently using Firmware 1.95.4561

I was browsing the forum and spotted that there is new Firmware available for both QU32 and QU16?
    My question is will this new Firmware alter any issues on running the Older Midi DAW Controllers?
    Thank you and hope that you understand what I am asking.
    Cheers

Profile photo of NZdave
    NZdave
    Participant

Still nothing?
    My question is:
    Will the latest QU firmware run on the older [original] Midi DAW apps?
    AS I run 2 of the original Midi DAW apps simultaneously
    where the newer Midi DAW Apps will not
    Cheers
    and I do hope Allen and Heath will answer.
    Thank you

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey @nzdave,

The recent maintenance firmware updates to Qu are related to changes in hardware and a bug with talkback metering, so if you are not using brand new AR/AB units there will not be much benefit to updating.
    Saying that, if you’re like me you’ll want to update anyway!

We always ensure the MIDI commands in the console stay the same, so there will be no difference there.
    The DAW/MIDI Control app does not have any bearing on the audio side of things and when connecting to a Mac there are no drivers… V1.95 included changes to the USB-B connection and you’re already running this, so there will be no difference or problems there either.

In short, no, there should be no change, but if you do update and have any issues, just contact us directly using support.allen-heath.com and we can dig out and send over your current version of fw to reinstall.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of NZdave
    NZdave
    Participant

Brilliant Keith.
    Thank you so much.
    Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.