RTA overlay?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DalllasSoundDude DalllasSoundDude 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Coming from the world of X32/M32, I grew to love the RTA overlay in the EQ section of the board and/or tablet apps. This was an invaluable tool for ringing out monitors when working new environments, layouts, etc.

Does such a thing exist with dLive? I’ve been playing around with the CDM32 tonight – got everything up and running but can’t seem to find anything that’ll help with identifying a runaway frequency.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

there is an RTA.
    this is not as elegantly solved as e. g. in the X32 consoles, but you can find it in the “Meters” menu.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Yep, got that… was hoping there was a setting that would show RTA while ringing out monitors via tablet. That is so incredibly useful – huge time/aggravation reducer.

Finding that I might miss a lot of the “take for granted” things from the X32/M32 environment. 🙂

Profile photo of Karyn
    Karyn
    Participant

If you’re using GEQ on the monitors (as you should be) it shows an RTA in GEQ view.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

The anti-spam seemed to eat my first version of this comment? Friendly fire! Friendly fire!

==================

Not exactly an answer to your question, but we run an Apex 220 (inexpensive linear measurement omni mic) into a spare channel on the dLive surface, send a tieline out via Dante to our FOH Mac Mini and run that and the PAFL bus into Aurchitect’s Spectre. This lets us see what’s happening in the room, vs what’s coming out of the board. It’s not a dual transfer function FFT like SMAART, but it’s still pretty useful.

(If you don’t have Dante, you could use an audio interface like a Sapphire 2i2 right into your Mac or PC).

The spectogram view is very handy for finding troublesome rings since intensity, frequency and time are all shown.

You don’t even need the mic if you just use the PAFL bus. So for the price of a basic interface and $80 for Spectre, you could be up and running pretty easy.

For example, PAFL a flute and you can see the exact frequencies of the notes (including harmonics) they’re playing over time.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

FWIW we’ve been waiting for some years for A&H to implement something like the `fabfilter pro Q style plug on the Ilives and now on Dlives…overlay directly on the parametric EQ….

Ray

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Oh that would be awesome!

It’s a shame that even the $299 Behringer X-AIR includes such a feature, and our beloved dLives don’t.

Profile photo of DalllasSoundDude
    DalllasSoundDude
    Participant

+1 for this feature. The ability to overlay RTA onto the PEQ or GEQ pages (as with X32, etc) would be extremely helpful. Just happened to be on an X32 to take this pic.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.