RTA overlay on EQ

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions RTA overlay on EQ

This topic contains 45 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christoph
    Christoph
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

Has there been any word from A&H regarding the possibility of introducing RTA into the EQ graph?

Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

I don’t think there was a response from A&H ever on this subject.
    its been ignored!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As usual, Behringer beats everyone to the punch on features.

They have RTA not only on eq, but on side chain and filters as well. Clearly this is something that every console should have, if even Behringer can do it. They know how much everyone loves that feature, so they even expanded it.

C’mon A&H, you’ve heard from everyone, everyone wants it – “figure it out!”

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

+1 on requesting a response from A&H on the difficulties of implementing this on the different platforms.

(Or, even better, A&H implements the RTA over EQ. I wouldn’t need to ask why it took so long!)

Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

Just wanted to keep this request up front. It would be my #1 for improvement in regular use of dLive.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@barryjam
    @lishinsky
    @Mr X

AH tends to be very close mouthed , and keep things real close to their vest.

Unless something is in the pipeline and getting tested for release real soon, I don’t see them saying much.

What I do think is that they are thinking about every suggestion for inclusion in new gear. And they are thinking a little, based on how much time effort, and resources in both time money including those resources taken from the device being modded, that it would take to provide the change. And then they weigh the value of additional sales versus their expense, counting also the missed ‘spending’ on new gear. As gear gets older they are more likely going to put resources into something new than to keep adding features to some old devices. And they will be fixing fewer bugs or enhancing anything with firmware as things age.
    Clearly they know about old problems like the USB failures and will, I sure hope, fix that in new devices not have a useless obsolete database of devices to try because they might work again when we found one that had worked and submitted that info.

I suspect that a lot of boxes are maxed out on what they can do without causing other problems.

RTA is nice but I would rather have more mike inputs than that Wing provides.
    X32 or M32 would still be a better choice for many of us.

This is a tough problem for AH trying to predict the market in the future and what mix of features/prices would maximize their profits.

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

Is it technically difficult to add an RTA to a serious machine like DLive?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

As SQ is getting this with the next firmware release (version 1.5, previewed at NAMM), I don’t think it could be too far away for dLive.

Profile photo of Dub_Daddy
    Dub_Daddy
    Participant

Following. Does A&H crew read this form still?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

DLive user are most of the time also smaart users, they have beter tools then rta overlay.

Profile photo of Emmi
    Emmi
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/AllenHeathofficial – SQ 1.5

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of BradRick
    BradRick
    Participant

Why does the SQ have this feature while the dLive doesn’t? Does anyone from Allen & Heath monitor this thread, and if so could you please chime in?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Why does the SQ have this feature while the dLive doesn’t?

SQ was just recently updated, that’s why. dLive’s update is on its way but still some months out, according to a recent post here by Nicola in the “Firmware V1.9 ETA” thread over in “dLive General Discussions”.

Profile photo of Smbsministries
    Smbsministries
    Participant

+1 here please. We have 2 dlive s7000’s, a dm64, and dm48 stagebox… multiple systems running, and lacking what seems like such a commonly requested feature

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.