RTA overlay on EQ

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions RTA overlay on EQ

This topic contains 45 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

And an obvious UI enhancement is to have an RTA overlay option on the EQ screen. This is helpful for those operators that are developing their ears, especially when ‘hunting’ with a filter on a quest to quell feedback 🙂

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Wonderful idea. We run the PAFL bus and an omni reference mic at FOH into Spectre to achieve something similar, but having it right on the EQ would be great.

I really like Spectre for ringing out systems, since the feedback frequency shows as a nice bright horizontal line on the spectrogram at the same frequency over a period of time. We use the FOH mic to find the feedback. The traditional RTA spectrograph view is harder to use to identify the offending frequencies.

SMAART can be made to do something similar, but is overkill for our needs.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I had already expressed this wish for iLive in 2008.
    the computing power was probably not high enough there.

I would like to take this wish, which many other colleagues have had in the meantime, up again.

especially for consoles with only one screen this would be a real improvement.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Count me as another dLive user who would LOVE to have a RTA overlay on the PEQ/GEQ screens, especially for monitor outputs. I can’t believe a $6k mixrack doesn’t have this while a $299 Behringer does…

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

To complete this request – don’t just overlay the existing 1/3 octave – copy some of the less expensive consoles that got it right:

– Do a 1/12 or 1/24th display, most of us use parametric EQ’s now and aren’t tied to the 1/3;
    – Spectral time display. Invaluable for chasing minor feedback;
    – On input/mix eq’s, always display that source regardless of PAFL;
    – On the metering display, an option to lock it to a source or follow PAFL;
    – Make sure it can be pulled to the external display.

Missing this was a primary reason I went back to my X32 for a recent show, I knew I was going to need the time-based for some omni wireless mics & monitors (no sound check). Smaart was an option, but I shouldn’t have to use it just for an FFT-based display with this system!

Jay

Profile photo of Kalel702
    Kalel702
    Participant

Yes PLEEAASSEE place an RTA overlay / Underlay in all of the EQ Screens to help streamline the eq process in real time and also help confirm and streamline users seek and destroy methods. Both 1/3rd, 1/12th octaves or more as well as timed spectrum heat signature styles would be amazing..

This should have been included long ago for a $25k range Consul setup.

Please include on the next update.!

Thank you.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

+1 from my side.

Profile photo of Emmi
    Emmi
    Participant

+1 from my side too

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

The getting started guide mentions a spectrogram as well; can we expect this in 1.7?

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

I am a Owner of a DLive C3500, CDM64, SQ5 and DX168. I upgraded to these fine Mixers from a Midas M32, Behringer X32, Behringer X18 Air, Mackie DL32, Mackie Dl1608 which all have EQ RTA overlay built in on all Graphic and Parametric EQ’s.

Profile photo of Tim
    Tim
    Participant

PLEASE IMPLEMENT RTA OVERLAY IN THESE SYSTEMS BECAUSE ITS JUST LIKE HAVING POWER STEERING IN A CAR IT HELPS US DRIVE THE CAR BETTER!!!

Profile photo of Rohan Wright
    Rohan Wright
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

… but don’t forget the spectrograph….

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

+ many

Profile photo of tmdarlan
    tmdarlan
    Participant

I would be excited to see this too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.