Routing to Phones + Mixes channel link

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Routing to Phones + Mixes channel link

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant
    Profile photo of unbreak
    unbreak
    Participant

I bought the Qu-Pac to simplify many things that I do when I’m playing.
    i don’t want other machines. It would be extremly easy for me if they add a menu for the headphones with the same possibilities of Alt-out.
    Remeber that Qu-Pac is not only a Rack mixer. I use it with a very complex configuration with mixed source signals (local + usb streaming).
    Many audio interfaces have the features that I ask to the staff (headphone source config). It’s very simple to add this function to the Qu-Pac…I think.
    Pleeeeeeeeeease 🙂

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@danz: For the DAC-X3 you probably need sort of adapter from AES levels to Coax.
    @unbreak: Using the PAFL functionality its rather easy to listen to any audio source with the headphones without any menu.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes I have just been looking for a small type of AES [XLR] to audio out.
    Thats not an easy find!
    And even if you could source that youu would require a volume attenuator.
    I guess you could ask A & H to put an Trim controll on the output surface/I/O Patch Tab/page
    To Trim AES and whilst they are doing that if they could also put a Trim control for when sending PAFL to the Remote AR boxes as there is no volume control there either.
    That would free up the local ALT out for other requirements.
    There is plenty of room on that page

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

I would use a group out for feed the aes out
    groups have their own main volumes, so it is not a problem

Profile photo of unbreak
    unbreak
    Participant

@andreas: is exactly what that I do… I have already written about that but I repeat that it is not practical when you have to control also other outputs and then go back to my pfl… All that things while you’re playing…
    It would be better to have a default configuration like a Alt-out. Use pfl to check other outputs when it needed and push a softkey with PFL Clear.
    That is the right way to go back immediatly on my listen.
    I would totally agree with you if I were to do only the engineer but when you do while playing drums, it becomes more complicated. Believe me 🙂
    I can suggest an alternative solution:
    adding the possibilities to assign your preferred PFL to the SoftKeys

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Did you notice that PAFL mode can be switched to be non additive? Single button press to listen to any single source and also back to your preferred mix.
    Indeed, a softkey to PAFL a specific source would probably the most simple functionality to add.
    But I finally understand your idea: Keeping PAFL functionality on headphones but select a different “default” source instead of LR.
    I’d still simply flip LR with your personal stereo Mix and you’re done.

Profile photo of unbreak
    unbreak
    Participant

@andreas:
    Obviously is already switched in non additive mode.
    You got it!
    What that I need is to have my output (Group 7-8 Mix mode) as a default listening on my headphone but sometimes I need to listen (for emergency) other outputs and then go back to my own. I explained bad about the PFL in the softkeys. You can already do.
    At the moment I use Softkeys with assignable PFL to switch between outputs. It works well but it would be better if buttons they had a latch-unlatch to go back immediatly on my outputs. The Softkey red lights help me to view what that is on/off. Redlights off would mean that I listen my default outputs because when I play I have no time to reason what is the situation.
    That is the reason why I ask the same function as Alt-out on the headphones.
    I Hope I was clear 🙂

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

So retuning to my idea from earlier – have you checked out the QU-Control App? Basically on one (of 5) page you get another 15 soft keys/level controls but with a different set of options, including some that the desk itself does not offer (maybe it should……)

You could be permanently PFLing a matrix which would normally contain your own mix. But you could set “Radio” buttons to switch on/off the send for yours, and all of the other mixes you want to hear. Using the radio buttons will only allow one source to go to the matrix at a time, so any switching you do to another mix, or back to your own, is just one button press.

Not saying your request is not a good one, but that there is a pretty decent workaround solution already available if you have an iPad or iPhone you can dedicate to it and probably a clamp/holder to put it in a convenient place.

Profile photo of unbreak
    unbreak
    Participant

@markpaman
    I can’t compromise my performance using any devices during the execution, and then, between one song and another one, Is more easy to use Softwkeys like I do.
    What that I ask to the team, is a feature to make the Qu-Pac more usable like a many other Audio Interfaces that have this possibilities (almost all). All musicians that use IEM connected directly to the interface knows what that I mean. Simple 🙂

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

QuControl is basically a bunch of softkeys…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.