Routing question, as an interface

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Routing question, as an interface

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Semetery
    Semetery
    Participant

Hi there, I tried to search but I kept getting a 404 error so here we are.

I was using a Focusrite Scarlett as a USB interface to take input from my X32 mixer in to inputs 1 & 2, then feeding it back to the mixer (for a mix-minus) from outputs 1 & 2. I had the Scarlett as the default audio device in Windows via USB. Simple, worked.

Now, I’ve got the same output from my X32 to the first 2 line in channels on my qu-sb, and it’s picking the signal up fine, but now I am trying to figure out how to get it to feed back to the X32 as simply as the Scarlett did. My options in Windows are qusb ch 31/32, 29/30 and 27/28 whereas the Scarlett simply was one option and it was the only outputs on the box, so no guess work or routing at all. I don’t even know what channels 31/32 ARE, let alone how to run audio out from them out. Do I need to change something in the patch section? I’d like to use channels 15 and 16 of the line in section to run audio out but, again, I have no idea if that’s asinine or even an option. Even when I try to send signal back from the main outs, which I don’t want to use if I can avoid it (XLR), because of my limited options in Windows settings, it still won’t feed my signal back to the X32. Is it possible, and if so what do I need to do to route 2 hardware outputs (preferably ‘lines’) so that I can feed any Windows audio, since it’s hooked up via USB, out?

I’m extremely new to this device and don’t have a clue how the routing works yet so please take it easy on me and don’t assume I know too much about it. Haha. I had to send it off for repairs right when I first got it and haven’t gotten to use it at all until now. If this is horribly confusing, please do ask any questions you’d like, I want to help you help me. 😀

Semetery
    Participant

Anyone? I realize it may be a silly question to some of you but I could sure use the info! 🙂 Is this something I can do via the Matrix outputs? I just need to route a couple of 1/4″ jacks out that would send the USB audio from Windows. May that’s not even possible, but I’d like to know to stop chasing that goal. Haha

I emailed support, for the record, not heard back yet (it’s the weekend though).

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

How about reading the manual?
    Then you will find out, it’s a mixer not an interface…
    you can control every input with the software, since there is no (at least no relevant) hardware control on the QU-SB

Semetery
    Participant

I use the much larger x32 MIXER exactly that way, so pretend it’s completely impossible to do a little routing with some of these USB mixers.

But thanks for telling me to do something I have already done many times, it really is incredibly helpful.

SteffenR
    Participant

still, it’s a mixer…
    input > processing > routing > output processing > output
    additionaly the mixer has an inbuild audio interface with 32 channels in both directions…

as far as I understand you, you have a USB signal from your computer that you want to send to your X32?
    so your computer has a control panel for the driver, there you can assign the outputs from the computer, to inputs on the QU-SB
    then as written in the manual, you have to switch the inputs sources to USB and the USB to USB-B

then you can mix the inputs to any outputs you want

Profile photo of brassblaster
    brassblaster
    Participant

I think you want the Behringer forum. You keep referencing an X32.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Do you realize that this forum is for Allen & Heath Qu mixers and not Behringer X32 mixers?

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

“I think you want the Behringer forum. You keep referencing an X32.”

“Do you realize that this forum is for Allen & Heath Qu mixers and not Behringer X32 mixers?”

Do you two realise he’s asking about a QU SB?

Read the original post properly FFS!

What a disgraceful set of replies from everybody.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Says the person who doesn’t reply about the topic but instead replies to the responses. I think we can put your response in the “disgrace” pile too. At least we were attempting to point the OP in a direction, however wrong that might have been.

What a disgraceful set of replies from everybody.

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

I had no answer to the original question. So I didn’t offer a reply. I didn’t realise this was unusual behaviour here.

Not wanting to start a war but I’ve been saddened by some of the responses to some legitimate questions lately. Surely a community forum’s aim is to help those of lesser experience. Maybe those with dyslexia who find it difficult to read a manual, or simply missinterpret terms and end up even more confused.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Agreed!

Semetery – I’ve read your post several times, and have to admit that I’m rather confused as to where the problem is.

You’ve a PC, connected to the Qu-SB (via USB-B port)?
    And you want get sound from another mixer (X32) into the PC, and back out gain?

The Scarlett is actually a red herring (!) and not part of this set up at all?

{ Does the X32 not connect directly to the PC itself, which I would think would be a simpler option? }

So are you getting sound from the X32 to the Qu?
    Then can you get sound from the Qu to the PC?

Same questions, the other way around:
    Does sound from the PC get to the Qu?
    And does sound from the Qu get to the X32?

SteffenR
    Participant

is the problem solved?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.