Routing MTX to USB GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Routing MTX to USB GLD

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick Rick 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

I my trying to solve a problem with low level recorded on a USB. I saw a recommendation to use a MTX but can’t find a way to route the USB to the MTX. I am open for a better way to solve this problem.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can access the USB ports from the Surface/Exp tab in the I/O menu.

Chris

Profile photo of Claxy
    Claxy
    Participant

Hi Rick,

Here is the step by step process for doing what you are asking (My assumptions are that you are familiar with the QU desk. I am using the QU-32, but you can apply the following to a QU-16 also):

1. Select the Setup tab on the right of your touch screen.
    2. Go to the I/O Patch and select the USB tab
    3. On 2 unused channels (for me – Channel 31 and 32) touch the first channel and then using the rotary dial on the right of the screen, cycle through the options until you hit MTX 1 L. My Channel 31 says MTX 1 L. Do the same with the next channel – My channel 32 says MTX 2 R. This way you are selecting to send your Matrix 1-2 as stereo outs Left and Right.
    4. Select the Main LR out with the green Sel button and then select the Routing tab on the right of the screen.
    5. Select the Matrix Sends button and then touch the Post button to make it a Pre out. This routes the signal from the Main LR to the Matrix as a Pre Main fader level signal, while not touching your Main LR volume out.
    6. Using the rotating dial on the right, touch the level button at the bottom of the screen, and then you can add a DB boost to the signal being sent to Channels 31-32 for me (whatever you assign them to).

Then in Logic, you can select channels 31-32 as your recording channels and you should have a DB boost for your recording.

Hope that helps.

Clayton

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

Thanks for the information. I am working with a GLD-80. I am trying to setup, at least practice, with GLD editor. It appears that the editor can’t access the USB output. I am hoping that inserting a flash drive in the actual surface will give me access.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

I am confused. The Audio page in the touch screen v1.5 shows a USB tab (9.1). My mixer has AMM and not USB. Section 9.4 (NOM) shows both USB and AMM.
    Why does the screen change? Is there a setting somewhere that changes the selections on this screen?

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

I think I have my act together now. Editor doesn’t show USB but the surface does. I think I change settings to get a higher signal level by changing the USB output routing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.