Routing Main LR to AB jacks

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Routing Main LR to AB jacks

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Hi all.
    I have my mixer about 2 days. I want to know How can I change the output of all channels to be heard on mono jack ports A and B?!

Thanks.

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

All you have to do is press the I/O key, tap Outputs, then Mix Out (both on the left side of the screen). Make sure you’re on the Local tab at the top as well; you probably are, though.

Then, scroll down to find the MainLR L and R rows. Scroll right to reveal the A and B columns, then tap the grey square at the junction of MainLR L and A, and Main LR R and B, so they go white. You can have the same mix going to multiple outputs, so this won’t affect any existing patch.

That’s it – you’re all set.

This is pretty basic I/O routing stuff, you should definitely check out the reference manual starting on page 17.

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Thank you very much Peter.
    I have already found it, and I wanted to put an image with it, for the beginners as mine.
    I needed for my monitors, which I have already a pair of TS to XLR cables.
    I saw that MainLR (L and R) ports can be assigned to all outputs ports, as well.

Best regards,
    Vali

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Ok. I routed MainLR to outputs. But now, how can I assign thouse outputs to strips to be able to PEQ them?

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

So, as you all understand better what I want:

I want to send Main LR signal to different outputs (and I did it, as it wrote in above posts). Each output will be connected to different active speakers. Each pairs of speakers has different factory EQ presets, so I need to lower some frequencies, or to louder some others. In this way I want to make for all different speakers almost the same sound.
    How can I do this?

Thank you very much.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Sounds like you’ll be wanting to use a Matrix. This is what they’re designed for.

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

ianhind, thank you.
    Can you explain to me exactly how to do that?

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

Managed to do it with matrix:

IO

Routing

ProcessingScreen

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

And I think it can be done with Groups, too! 🙂

AssigningGroupsToOutput

MixAndGroups

GroupAssignAllPage

Profile photo of Vali
    Vali
    Participant

ChannelsAllOffRouting

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

A matrix is better suited for this. Any time you have delay towers, broadcast feeds, balcony feeds, etc. You’ll want to use a matrix.

While a group will work for this, it’s better suited for processing a group of channels to be sent to your main mix.

Hope that made sense.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.