Routing issue with (1) SQ-6 & (2) AB-168 I/O boxes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Routing issue with (1) SQ-6 & (2) AB-168 I/O boxes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sonicmentor
    sonicmentor
    Participant

Trying to determine why Input 5-6 on the first I/O box is sending out to all outputs on both I/O boxes. That is 1-8 output on output box 1 and 2. I triple checked that it wasn’t patched anywhere. Problem happened with and without phantom power. Also whether or not the board was patched or not.

Profile photo of BD
    BD
    Participant

Had a similar issue last night.

Started with a reset console. Patched everything carefully. Simple band set up, FOH and 4 foldback. All local inputs, no stage box.

Half way through sound check we realised there was kick, snare and OHs coming through foldbacks despite having added nothing to any of the mixes.

Muted channels – still there
    unassigned channels from every mix – still there
    Pre/post fade switch – still there
    Unassigned and reassigned input source – still there

Eventually physically unpatched inputs and re patched them into spare inputs on the back of the console. Re assigned source on channel strip and all was good.

Didnt have time to troubleshoot any further. I will be trying to recreate the problem in the warehouse next week.

Anything I could be over looking?

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Do you remember having those input sockets on foldbacks before the reset?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

For other consoles I would suggest to save the scene and we can look at the configuration via an offline editor;-)
    So, at the moment we just can have som wild guesses.
    One possible cause could be that the inputs were directly routed to the Outputs. What happens if you set a route to the output socket and the unset it (so no route should be set to the socket).

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

As it’s easy to patch sockets to multiple inputs (or Mix External Inputs) or to duplicate output sockets, I sometimes have to double check patching to find the culprit. To make sure it’s nothing to do with patching or firmware, you can reset mix settings, though I appreciate this was at the gig…
    If you have any issues like this though, please do send us a show file (using support.allen-heath.com or attached to an email support@allen-heath.com), so we can check it out for you.

Thanks!
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.