Routing FX send busses to physical outputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Routing FX send busses to physical outputs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Louis Jos
    Louis Jos
    Participant

Hi,
    Would it be possible to allow routing FX send busses directly to physical outputs ? (to use external FX units without burning other aux sends)
    I currently do it by setting a dynamic EQ on the 4 first FX slot, bypassing them, and routing FX returns to physical outputs, but I lose 4 FX engines …
    Thanks
    Louis

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+100

Profile photo of EJC
    EJC
    Participant

You are limited by the amount of output paths (12).

I have been around the houses on this; it’s possible to do it, using groups – BUT by adding a group you lose an aux, so you end up where you started.

Unfortunately you hit a point where the answer is “Avantis/DLive”.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi EJC,

There are 12 configurable paths (mix 1-12)
    AND 4 paths that went directly to FX Slot 1 to 4.

The question is, why it’s not possible to route this 4 busses via the matrix to ANY destination?!?
    Precisely because the SQ is extremely flexible in terms of routing…
    however, the flexibility has reached a limit here (possibly due to a marketing strategy ?!?)

because Avantis & dlive should offer free bus configuration…

But let’s hope 😉

Would be nice to use all the internal FX slots for Insert processing, and doing the reverbs, Delays external (where adding some latency is not the problem…)

greetings, FJ

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I came here today to ask for this, too.

You are limited by the amount of output paths (12).

Well, no, that’s not true. Mains have outs. Matrixes have outs. Why not FX sends? My stageboxes have 16outs. The desk has 14 more. They’re all assignable. Don’t need any processing on them, nothing computationally expensive.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

We can already route FX *returns* to outputs. If it was possible to patch through the Empty Rack FX slot, we’d be there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.