Routing Effects to Subgroup

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Routing Effects to Subgroup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dr. J Dr. J 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

Hi fellas – brand new to the forum here. Just upgraded to the QU-32 and I am having a little trouble knowing for certain if my routing is correct. My vocals are UN-assigned to the mains and assigned to a subgroup… I am certain of this BUT I can’t tell if my effects are assigned to the mains or subgroup or both. I want the effects to be assigned to the subgroup and not the mains.

I know I may be overthinking this… Can someone help?

Thank you!

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Access the top layer with the FX returns.
    Press the relevant group button on the RHS of the console.
    Press and hold the assign button on the LHS of the console above the layer buttons.
    The Sel buttons on all channels in the currently access layer that are assigned to that group will be illuminated.
    If the FX returns are not illuminated, while holding the assign button, press the Sel buttons on each of the FX returns so that they illuminate. This will assign them to the group.

Change mixes to LR by pressing the LR button on the RHS of the console.
    Press and hold the assign button. If the Sel buttons on the FX returns illuminate then the FX returns are routed to LR. If this is the case, press the illuminated Sel buttons so that they are un-assigned from LR.

You can also do this by selecting individual channels\returns and pressing the routing button next to the touch screen, which is probably a quicker way to assign the same channel to many groups, but the above method is faster for assigning many channels to one group.

Profile photo of Dr. J
    Dr. J
    Participant

Cornelius78 – Thank you brother! That did the trick… I had effects double assigned..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.