Routing: dont reset socket number when switching source

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Routing: dont reset socket number when switching source

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

On the preamp page you can assign an input socket to the selected channel by selecting the source (local, SLink, USB…) first and then adjust the socket number. Currently the socket number is always reset to 1 when switching the source. So when the source is set to local 21 and you want to change it to USB 21, you first have to change the source type to USB and then you again have to adjust the socket number from 1 to 21.
    But it is not unusual that you want only change the source type but the socket number should remain the same, e.g. in a Studio situation, similar to the traditional switch from mic to tape input.
    I know it might be done also like it is and there is also the IO screen, but you have to do a lot of steps to do it instead of an easy switch of the source type.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

It sounds like you are changing it from the channel page. Go to the global routing page and use libraries to do this (playback from recorder / track). From the global routing page, tap the LIB button to the left of the screen. You can save multiple patch configurations there and change them very easily.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I want to clarify. Press the I/O button below the screen, then select “inputs”, then push the “lib” button. There’s are some factory presets for 1 to 1 patching from stagebox, local I/O, and usb already there, but you can add your own as needed.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I know all these possibilities to do the routing changes. Yes, I am talking about the channel page and yes, I would like to see the change implemented on that page. Using the IYo page, the lib or the channel page for routing are fore me different use cases and all of them are making sense. For the use case to change the routing on the channel page the alternative via IO page is to complicated, as I wrote in my initial posting. Using the Lib is even more inflexible when you want to change the routing for just a little amount of channels (lets think about one to four).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.