Routing audio from GS-R24 mixer to OBS streaming software

Forums Forums Other A&H products Routing audio from GS-R24 mixer to OBS streaming software

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Don Richmond
    Don Richmond
    Participant

@Ro – I am running Catalina and have no problems using the GS-R24 as the recording interface – it has always worked flawlessly and continues to do so. However, I have never used it in active fader mode, using the faders to either control or to mirror faders in software (I use Logic primarily). It just seems like it would be too complicated, and I couldn’t see how it would help my general workflow. So I can’t speak to whether that aspect of the mixer works under my current set-up.

And for anyone following the original question, I have purchased a Focusrite USB interface and am feeding the main output of the A&H into it and thus into OBS, all of which seems to work fine for livestreams in my initial test runs.

Thanks to all and all best wishes!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Don Richmond

The interface is the best way.
    We looked at using usbB but the consensus was it was risky and not worth the effort as our presonus is working okay.

You might want to consider using a mix instead of LR out if you also have a live audience in house.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

he has a studio…

the GS-R24 is an analogue studio desk with build in audio interface

but the I/O is not freely route-able so that was his problem

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Don Richmond

Focusrite USB interface and am feeding the main output of the A&H into it and thus into OBS

Good to hear you sorted that.
    Do you run that set up in 48 or 96k and which mode 1~8 do you use?
    Do you know that there is a substantial forum in Gearslutz on the GSR24 and GSR24M?
    Regards
    dave NZ [home of the Americas Cup] 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.