router will not link with board

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting router will not link with board

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of topdj topdj 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

Got a 2nd gld 80 for another location and cant seem to connect a router to successfully network for remote mixing. Nothing is being detected, ive tried two seperate routers (one that I was using on my other GLD 80) and different cables to eliminate the possibility of faulty hardware. One of our other techs went through the instructions and configured the router according to the guidelines but still the router will not link to the board. Any ideas would be helpful in determining a solution.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

There are also network settings on the GLD (dynamically assigned vs static IP). Are those the same for both consoles? You might try the default static IP settings on the GLD if you haven’t already (make sure the router’s dynamic IP address range doesn’t overlap the GLD’s static address).

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

So the routers range did overlap. I changed the range now so that it no longer overlaps and I will know tomorrow once I test this router on the board. Did the defaults change on the v 1.4 update because the last time we used the remote setup with this router was on the prior version on the first board we purchased. Thanks for your help with this I will let you know if it works.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I can’t be sure but I think that 1.40 turns off DHCP. I know that originally my 80 and 112 were both on. The other day I had them both setup at a demo. I noticed the 80 was taking several minutes to boot up. The 112 came up normal. I checked and DHCP was on. It was off on the 112. I turned it off and the console rebooted normally. I have not tried to use a router on it yet. I have never tried using a router in static ip mode. Only DHCP. I know my QU16 is turned on and works fine.

Look at that. I have not seen as to why the boot up is so slow with it on.

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

So I tried the new settings on the router changing the dhcp range so it would not overlap with the boards static ip address but still I cant get a device to link with the board. I can connect to the router no problem but there is no connections listed in the network/configuration window. The link light on the back of the board does nothing as well.
    Does the gld 80 bring up an error if the network card is faulty? I checked diagnostics and there are no problems listed. The only thing I havent tried is a static ip on the router.
    Does anybody have recommendations on settings for the router and board to try that works for them, static or dhcp? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you to those who have replied already.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well these things are hard to troubleshoot in this matter without being there. A few suggestions that you may have already tried. New cable is first thing. Are you sure you did not pickup a crossover cable? Might explain why not working and LEDs not working. Next since you have access to another gld I would take thevroutevandvtry it on that one. If it works look at settings. If not then router is the problem. Hope that helps.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

This is an old topic, but did you definitely have the GLD plugged into a LAN port on the router rather than WAN?

Chris

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

Yeah everything is correct I actually got the same router working on the original mixer but when I copied the settings and brought the router to our second campus where the new console is it still won’t work. The link light don’t not light up and remote apps wont detect the board. The network is solid but the board must have a faulty network card.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Do you get a ping response from it?

Chris

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hmmm don’t you need to set the dhcp range of the router “including” the boards ip-adress? Make sure that the router doesn’t use the same static IP adress as your board and check again in which sockets you connect the network-cable! Also try tk dk a reboot first of the router and then of the console to make sure they talking with each other! If it still doesn’t work you might get in contact with your dealer for troubleshoot/exchange!

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I’m enjoying a similar problem, link light drops out in middle of important gigs. of course when this happens you loose control of the mixer using Qpad. I bring spare cables and routers, it only does this after operating for a period of time like 10-30 minutes then boom light is out and you loose your Qpad.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Is anything changing during that 10-30 minutes, like the audience coming in? If it’s that, use 5GHz.

Chris

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have not seen as to why the boot up is so slow with it on.

because it gets no IP and still waits for it, after time out it uses last known or defaults…

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

But it had an Ip I was using ap and then nothing, walked over light was out , i could duplicate after it warmed up at home wit the ap running. It been doing something like this since new. Not consistent, I own a Qu24 I will try with that and see if i can duplicate. It just screws me when I dont have a snake hooked up and have to make changes by running back and forth. Mind you I paid $2400 for this Qu-16 about was I just paid samefor a qu24 that was chinese made. For 2400$ the network jack should last a long time. its not any physical damage either jack looks perfect

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

just tested again, after a steady connection with Ipad for about 10 minutes the link light drops out and Qpad disconnects reboot does not help. I just powered down and I am going to wait a few minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.