Route MIDI directly to LR or Group

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Route MIDI directly to LR or Group

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SoupKitchen SoupKitchen 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SoupKitchen
    SoupKitchen
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been using my Qu-32 for a month and so far am very happy with it.
    One thing bugging me though which I was not able to solve and am hoping to get clarification on:
    I am basically using all 32 ports for DAW recording but as far as it is configured by default you need two channels set to USB source to hear the output from the interface. So I set up my DAW to output to Channel 31/32 and am switching between local and USB source.
    What I was and am trying to achieve is to route the signal from USB Interface 31/32 directly to LR or to a group or whatever to not have to use the valuable channels.
    So I went into Setup – IO Routing – USB Streaming and set the two channels to LR L and LR R (Direct Out) respectively but no matter what I did there, the signal still went to 31/32 and nowhere else.
    What am I doing wrong. Is there a different place where this has to be set up?
    Any input would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks and have a great weekend!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

The Qu32 assigns the USB return channels to the 32 mono inputs, unfortunately, this can’t be changed on this console.

The only work around at the moment is to route the main LR from your DAW to your built in sound card and use a cable to connect to a stereo channel on the Qu. This would allow all 32 input channels to be used.

Thanks!

Alex

SoupKitchen
    Participant

Hello Alex,
    thanks for your answer.
    Do you know if this is a planned feature or can I create a feature request?
    On a side note… I dont think I understand what the USB Streaming-Routing setting is for then. It sounded like this from the manual. What do these settings do?

Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi again!

It has been suggested before and is on the list of feature suggestions.

The USB Audio patch relates to the Audio routing for the USB streaming to the PC, not the return as this is fixed 1 to 1.

Thanks!

Alex

SoupKitchen
    Participant

Hey Alex,

great to know. So that’s a +1 on that feature from me 🙂

Thanks again and have an awesome weekend.

SoupKitchen
    Participant

Hey Alex, it has been three years without a single firmware release. What happened to your list of suggestions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.