Rookie QU16 Questions – vocal fx routing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Rookie QU16 Questions – vocal fx routing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 67 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I would modify that to say large rock style event type live mixes.

Any type of live event, large, small, any music genre, spoken word, corporate presentation, you get the idea.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Sorry but I do not get the idea as stated.
    Please learn me about that.

Are there some events that need a bigger better mixer?
    Yes

Are there lots of events that a Qu32 has more than enough capability to do?
    Absolutely!

Consider:
    Would AH spend the time and effort to build a mixer that could not do any job?
    Of course there are jobs that the Qu32 is good at doing. Even a Qu16.
    I wonder why they didn’t have a Qu8 for small home studios and interface to a good DAW built in.

Would people be dumb enough to buy a mixer that could not do their job?
    Well……, the world is full of really stupid people but I doubt that many Qu32s are bought by them.

Small events do not need more than a Qu32; and I see plenty of X32s doing them too.
    If the Qu32 is so inferior how could there be a Qu16?

Does a small chamber quartet need as much as a symphony orchestra playing at a large theatrical event?

Spoken word especially corporate events could certainly use some other functions but that was not in the charter of designing the Qu; but sure should have been, as they would take little effort to make them more useful. I would hope they got omitted to help sales of SQs not because of carelessness in the design.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I think the Qu series fits well in a corporate setting with it’s auto mic mixing function.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Sorry but I do not get the idea as stated.
    Please learn me about that.

Let me try it another way……any QU mixer that has the needed inputs & outputs to accomodate the needs for said event the hardware will not be limiting factor to the
    success of said event, that falls back on the person operating the mixer and we have all heard turd audio coming out of mixers for more expensive and feature loaded than a QU.

Sure as you go the mixer ladder each model offers more and more IO, processing, plug ins and routing options that would/may allow you to put an extra “sheen” on the overall mix or to simply accomodate larger input counts and or more complex output routing.
    If more IO is needed your going to the model that can offer it.

If the Qu32 is so inferior how could there be a Qu16?

Who ever said the QU32 was inferior!!!

Spoken word especially corporate events could certainly use some other functions but that was not in the charter of designing the Qu

Trust me the QU can do that job very well, and even more so with the just mentioned auto mix function that was added with the Chrome firmware about five years ago.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Did I misread your first post?
    I took as saying the Qu32 was the limiting factor and not quite up to the job.

For sure in most events the limiting factor is the A2 and then the performers.
    For a church setting, with more often just an A3 or A4 at FOH the Qu is plenty for them to use.

You pros can add ‘sheen’ but most of us are happy if the audience does not complain because of a big screw up:)

Our MD plays the Qu like he does a piano or saxophone. Our A1 tends to do a lot of fader sliding and button pushing too.
    I told them they may hear the difference but not one person down in the audience cares as long as the music is not too loud and the pastor’s voice is not too soft.

I would expect the Qu could do most corporate jobs, but I have been to some where you would need a lot more because they were essentially broadway show quality events put on to boost morale of the salesmen.

volounteer
    Participant

@garyh

I am sure the AMM is a big help for corporate events.
    I know the church has it on for Sunday’s main service when we could have a dozen or more mikes on with the choir and singers and music.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did I misread your first post?
    I took as saying the Qu32 was the limiting factor and not quite up to the job.

You most certainly misread that post!!!

I said the problem is NOT in the hardware…and that was implying that the operator in that case is the problem.

I would expect the Qu could do most corporate jobs, but I have been to some where you would need a lot more because they were essentially broadway show quality events put on to boost morale of the salesmen.

And they do..

The corporate events that are on the scale of a broadway show with two weeks of set up and rehersal and paying a couple million dollars or so for production will probably have something other than a QU at FOH.

volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

I hope they would have more.
    But I have worked for some *cheap* companies who never saw a corner that did not need cutting.

Sorry if I misread your post. That happens at my age with my old eyes sometimes missing a word.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.