Road Case suggestions for GLD-80

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Road Case suggestions for GLD-80

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bartman Bartman 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bartman
    Bartman
    Participant

I just bought a GLD-80 and now I need a road case. I looked for a previous thread on this topic bub didn’t find any so I don’t know if this has been covered before.

I’m looking for one that is specifically made for the GLD-80 that will stay in the bottom of the case and usable just taking the lid off (and probably prefer having a doghouse build in with the case too). Any recommendations? Looking for something under $400.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

You did not say where you are located. I had mine built with what I believe you mean by a dog house by C and D cases. I had a removable trap door put in the back so the case can be closed and all the wires can still be connected. I could then chain the closed case to a table. Nice job. I had them build triangle wedges out of foam to raise the angle of the mixer (10 to 15 degrees, I forget) but not raise the wrist pad height. I can see the video display better. The wedges come out and store right in the case. I was also able to store the LED lamp right in one of the wedges so it was a wedge and a lamp carrier in one.

C & D Cases Inc
    407 River Rd Clifton, NJ 07014
    (973) 473-4800

Best,
    John

Profile photo of Wybe_nl
    Wybe_nl
    Participant

I recon you are located somewhere in the USA because of your $ sign in your under price. Therefore i don’t know how helpfull this will be but the big german online shop Thomann has a good mixer case for the GLD-80, check it out at: https://www.thomann.de/gb/thon_mixer_case_ah_gld_080.htm
    I suspect that shipping to the us won’t be an option, but anyways my 2 cents.
    Ps. I have the mixer case myself for my gld-80 and i can attest to the good quality and espcially fixation of the unit in the case!

Greetings,
    Wybe

Profile photo of Bartman
    Bartman
    Participant

I am in Texas, so yes (the $)… that case from thormann.de looks to be exactly what I need, and it’s a good price too. I asked if they ship to USA and now am waiting for a reply. Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.