Ringing Room with PEQ or GEQ? Double EQ?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Ringing Room with PEQ or GEQ? Double EQ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of unclejemima unclejemima 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of unclejemima
    unclejemima
    Participant

Just trying to understand what is the preferred method of ringing the room? With PEQ or GEQ?

I’m currently using the GEQ but noticed when I was done ringing the room someone had already had some PEQ setting applied.

I wasn’t aware both the PEQ and GEQ could be active at the same time… I’d imagine for the main mix ringing of the room is best done with the PEQ flat, and then do my GEQ work to find the bad frequencies…then go on to apply an (if we even should?) PEQ work for what ever reason.

Thank you for your advice!

Profile photo of Hugo
    Hugo
    Participant

Hello,

I prefer to use a dedicated processor for the FOH but if i can’t have one I use the GEQ for the room and if I have bad frequencies I use PEQ with 1/9 bandwith because it’s more precise 🙂

No matter what’s the signal chain you use as long as the mix is good… “Show must go on”

Cheers

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I usually run the Main LR via a matrix to the PA system. Ringing out the room will be done there, preferable using the PEQ. That is enough in most cases when you have a system with a accepable sound. only seldom that four bands are not enough and then I use the GEQ on the matrix as well.
    The PEQ on the main LR channel is reserved to do an overall sound adjustment in a musical way and not to eliminate issues with the room.

Profile photo of unclejemima
    unclejemima
    Participant

Thanks guys. Apprecaite the advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.