Right & Left Volumes Different on QU-16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Right & Left Volumes Different on QU-16

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“Tops are separate RL. Subs are on Aux 10 only with Y cable from Amp Ch 1-2 into Mix 10. Will try Ch 1 into mix 10 and Ch 2 into mix 9.”

Out of Mix 10 to the amp I assume. May seem pedantic, but if you’re thinking clearly about the signal flow, it helps enormously when fault finding.

As mentioned above, Mix 9&10 are permanently linked as stereo pair, so either run the subs in stereo or choose a mono output for those to avoid complications in your routing.

Try just one channel (mono) input first, sent to L&R, to check your balance, doing the output cable swapping one end at a time and checking again, to work out whereabouts in the chain the problem lies.

Note that with the subs in mono, all driven from Mix 10 any volume difference between them can’t possibly be due to the desk.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I use the stereo mixes for mono outputs all the time, just need to be sure that the mix sends are all panned to the center then both of the mix outs are the same/mono. Actually sometimes it’s been handy where I need two identical outputs to send to two different locations.

For what it’s worth I just used Mix 9&10 to run a single mono sub at a bluegrass show last week.

Profile photo of rgalv001
    rgalv001
    Participant

I tried both the 9 & 10 stereo mix for subs and two separate mono mixes. They both work, I like the mono for more control over each sub side.
    Could not find any bad connections. I did find one filter enabled on one channel in the iTech that runs the tops. That may have caused it. I won’t know for sure until the next show in 2 weeks when I setup the system outdoors. Too cramped in the garage to tell if it totally fixed the imbalance. I’ll keep everyone posted.
    FYI: I did disconnect the BBE…
    Will do more troubleshooting the next couple of days. Thanks again for all the input!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I tried both the 9 & 10 stereo mix for subs and two separate mono mixes. They both work, I like the mono for more control over each sub side.

Personally for a system like yours I think that would be over complicating the aux subs set up.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.