RFE: Master PAFL Releease

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions RFE: Master PAFL Releease

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gyuri Gyuri 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

This is one of a number of RFEs based on prior experience, and on reading the manual and watching the 14 or so YT training videos; one of my venues is considering an SQ-6, but hasn’t bought it yet, and I’m the house gearslut. 🙂

On layered desks, it’s customary to provide a Cue Clear button, or something similar, so that wherever you have a cue/PAFL enabled, you don’t have to hunt for it when you need to monitor LR. I don’t see such a button on the SQ.

If you do *not* have “allow multiple channels in cue” disabled, as I think is the default, this isn’t as important, as you can just double-hit one on the current layer… but that’s sloppy.

If you *do* have it enabled, then it can quickly become untenable… unless there’s some other way to force cueing of the LR/Aux/Effects mixes which I haven’t noticed yet.

See also my next RFE on that point.

Profile photo of Milow
    Milow
    Participant

For any reason there is no button under the PAFL-LED to press, but you can assign the “PAFL clear” function to every user key in the setup menu. Unfortunately the nearby “Talk”-button is no user key, so you can’t use it for that function. Maybe something to change in future software updates.

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

Yep, I gather from comments from a friend who’s had hands-on that there’s no Master PAFL Release button… which seems a Class 1 glaring oversight to me.

Is it in fact at least possible to assign that function to a softkey?

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

yes it does

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.