Reverb to foldback only, related to level in each mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Reverb to foldback only, related to level in each mix

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

A bit of a newbie question about QU-24. I know I could work this out if I had my desk with me but it’s packed for a festival on Saturday.

I want to run FX2 to the foldback only. It’s a separate reverb for those performers who prefer it. I don’t want it to come out of the FOH. I do want it to be related to the send level for the foldback mixes that I want it in (Mix 1,2,3).

Can some kind soul step me through the routing for that?

Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

I’ll be interested to hear about this also. Good luck…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

don’t route it to the L/R bus…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

As mentioned turn off the LR assignment on the FX return that you only want to send to the monitor mixes.
    Select the mix you want the FX in and bring it up as you would any input channel that you want to send to a monitor.

Actually if all of your monitor mixes are set for pre fade you would not need to turn off/un-assign the FX return from the LR main, just make sure the level stays all the way down on the main LR layer.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Adding on to what Mike said about bringing down the FX2 return all the way in LR and bringing the level up in the other mix (and turning on/off routing as needed), the FX2 settings backpanel should probably be set to “Unassigned” (the default) if it isn’t already.

For a similar question a few days ago, I got a quick (no audio or editing beyond some short titles with descriptive text) screen capture of the process using the iPad app, which should be a similar process to the physical board (for adjusting levels): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzs86vSscC0

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Completely forgot about the rear panel patching, I so rarely get it into that
    after setting it up the first time.

All too soon if not already there are going to be sound people who have never physically
    got into a rack to repatch effects units or insert comps, gates ect. or for that matter patched an outboard rack into a mixers inserts and aux send and returns.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.